- Stop Junk Mail — Junk mail uses a tremendous amount of resources. Use CatalogChoice.org to create an account for the recipient to pick which catalogs are of genuine interest, and CatalogChoice will work with companies to remove the recipient’s address from their mailing list for free. GreenDimes.com has a similar free service for all junk mail.
- Offset Carbon Emissions for a Day — Go to OneDay.BrighterPlanet.com to find out how you can give the gift of being carbon free for a day – for free.
- A Green Email Account — Create a free green email account for the recipient at CommunityMail.net. This is a free email service that is provided by a wind and solar powered web hosting company.
- Green a PC — Call 1-800-PC Support and a technician from support.com will help your recipient green their PC for free.
- E-Cards — Each year greeting cards generate tons of waste. This year, consider sending free e-cards instead. Check out evite.com, hallmark.com, and 123greetings.com to get started.
Give Green Holiday Gifts — For Free!
December 8, 2008 by