Emily asked if we could make some special Halloween goody bags to give out to her friends, but I am too lazy (and far too frugal) to go to the store and spend money on goody bags. In the end, she liked these handmade ones so much better! I think they would be perfect for last-minute party favors, but we’ve been battling some colds around here, so no parties for us anytime soon. Boo hoo! Grab some business-sized envelopes, enlist the help of the kids, and make your own goody bags in seconds. (Well, maybe a bit longer if you waste time tearing the house apart looking for envelopes because you can’t remember where you last placed them and you’re certain that the baby must have walked off with them… Not that it has happened to me, or anything…. I was… um… I was just sayin’.)
Last-Minute Goody Bags from an Envelope
October 27, 2009 by
Here’s how to make your own:
1. Seal the envelopes.
2. Cut each envelope in half to make two goody bags. Yes, two goody bags from one envelope. So thrifty, right? Start with one half, and fold along what was the side of the envelope, about 1/4 inch in. This will now be the bottom of the goody bag. Unfold, and then fold along the top and bottom 1/4 inch of the envelope as shown.
3. Pop open your envelope to form your goody bag. My, aren’t you crafty??
4. Here’s what the bottom of the bag should look like.
5. For the candy corn, cut out strips of colored construction paper and glue together as shown.
6. Cut out triangles, as shown. (Great for the little ones who are just getting used to scissors!)
7. Attach to the bag, fill with candy, and pass out to friends!