3-D Spring Art

Today we used Q-tips and twigs for a 3-D Spring craft — catkins (a.k.a. pussy willows) in a vase! These buds are one of the first signs of Spring. The one in our front yard has since bloomed, but this was a nice way to remember how the buds looked.

Have your child mix black and white washable paint with a Q-tip to make grey.
Paint the tips of several Q-tips with the grey paint and allow to dry. Parents, cut the tips off, and discard the cardboard stick.
Kids can glue twigs to a piece of cardstock paper, or cardboard. Parents, cut paper in the shape of a vase for your child to add.
The kids can glue the “buds” to the twigs, allow to dry, and you are done!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future posts delivered to your feed reader.

Comments

1. Val in the Rose Garden says:

OMgoodness… what a great craft! I love how it looks too… reminds me of a pussy willow. Which are so much fun for kids!

Val

2. what an awesome idea, I love 3d art and texture painting this is a wonderful idea. We have tons of twigs around too nice way to use a few.

3. Valerie says:

Thank you! Emily’s project is hanging on our refrigerator now, and she is quite proud of it! Gathering those twigs kept her busy for awhile too. 🙂

4. Totally, totally love this idea.
    I am sooooooooooooooo doing it with my 2yo!

5. Amiyrah says:

Man, I love this project! Very cool! I’m a big lurker of your blog, but I wanted to at least tell you that I featured you on my blog spotlight series over at 4 hats and frugal. Thanks for all the great information you provide for us!

6. sunnymama says:

These are so effective! I love this idea.

7. Valerie says:

@ Megan — I bet your 2 yr old will love it! Thanks so much for stopping by!

@ Amiyrah — That is so sweet, thank you so much! Your blog was one of the first ones I started following in Google. I was so surprised to find out that you read mine, and that you featured me on yours! 🙂 That just made my day, thanks!

@ sunnymama — I’m thinking we’ll be doing some other twig crafts sometime soon because Emily seems to love gathering them up. It keeps her busy too!

8. Valerie says:

This is adorable!

I couldn't find an email for you,

I'd love to feature it on our Craft Site, we're adding in a bunch of Nature & Garden Crafts at the moment

We recreate the craft and send the credit you're way!

here is an example

Let me know if your interested!

Blessings,

Valerie

9. Valerie says:

Hi Valerie, that would be great! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

10. Great ideas! Both were wonderful! Thanks so much!

11. Sharinskishe says:

What a fun spring craft!! I sure wish I had pussy willows at my new home. I guess I should go and see if any survived the demolition of my birth property.

Thanks for sharing with us.

12. That is such a great picture, so very pretty.

Thanks for sharing with Friday Showcase!!

13. I love pussy willows…too bad they are not around here. The project is right on. My daughter would love it…paint, glue, and sticks – the trifecta 🙂

14. Lenetta @ Nettacow says:

This is the one I picked for this week's link roundup. It's hard to limit my links to you! :>)

15. K, @ Heart NOW Orange Juice! says:

wow that’s really inventive! What a great idea!

16. (V.Kerr) School Time Adventures says:

Thanks for the great idea! We used your idea and then did worms digging underneath it. Thanks!

17. Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog says: